List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lars-Erik Bjørk Date:February 20 2009 12:29pm
Subject:Patch for bug#23692
View as plain text
Hi all!

This is a patch for bug#23692 <http://bugs.mysql.com/23692> (Falcon: searches fail
if data is 0x00)
The bug report is available here:http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=23692

Here is a copy of my comment in the commit message, to give an
introduction to the patch :)

      The solution is to append a pad key to the upper
      bound search key, if its last character is equal
      to or greater than the pad character. This is done
      In order to make it position after all values with
      trailing characters lower than the pad character.

      For fields with a collation registered
      [if (field->collation)], there is no efficient way
      of checking if the last character is equal or greater
      than the pad character, without iterating through the
      entire key from the beginning.

      I have discussed this with Alexander who suggests
      to always pad the upper bound search key in these cases,
      and to pad it to the length of the key, instead of
      appending just a single character. This way I can use the
      existing cs->coll->strnxfrm function.

      In the other cases, I have checked on the last byte and
      appended 0x20 if the byte was >= 0x20.

      I have also added one more parameter to the makeKey methods
      to say that this is a highKey.

The patch is available here
http://lists.mysql.com/commits/67022

And the test and result files are available her. I forgot to "bzr add"
them the first time :)
http://lists.mysql.com/commits/67023
Thread
Patch for bug#23692Lars-Erik Bjørk20 Feb
  • Re: Patch for bug#23692Lars-Erik Bjørk20 Feb