List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ann W. Harrison Date:October 17 2008 6:49pm
Subject:Re: Review patch for WL4573?
View as plain text
Chris,

> Just an observation: Calling PageInventoryPage::isPageInUse() from
> Cache::fetchPage() results in a single recursive call to
> Cache::fetchPage(). We are protected from infinite recursion (e.g. if
> dbb->pagesPerPip == 1) and a blown stack because of the filter on
> pageType != PAGE_Inventory.

Right. Been there, did that, decided not to checks whether PIPs marked
themselves.

> Would it be worthwhile to combine PageInventoryPage::isPageInUse() and
> ::markPageInUse()?

I don't think so.  The two calls were preexisting, probably used for
debugging earlier problems.   markPageInUse is called from section
during recovery.  So having the separate is good, I think.

> May want to add a new line at the end of Dbb.cpp

OK.

Thread
Review patch for WL4573?Ann W. Harrison17 Oct
  • Re: Review patch for WL4573?Christopher Powers17 Oct
    • Re: Review patch for WL4573?Ann W. Harrison17 Oct
Re: Review patch for WL4573?Christopher Powers17 Oct