List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Embretsen Date:February 4 2009 8:51am
Subject:Build failure after merging/pulling changeset with new MTR into
existing branch?
View as plain text
Hi,

Just in case anyone else is seeing this...

After pulling the recent big push (containing the new version of the
test runner "MTR") to 6.0 main (bzr revid
luis.soares@stripped) into my local
branches, I saw the following build failure on some platforms:

gmake  all-am
gmake[4]: Entering directory
`/export/home/tmp/mysql/bzr-repos/mysql-6.0/libmysqld/examples'
gmake[4]: *** No rule to make target `mysqltest.c', needed by
`mysqltest.o'.  Stop.

(...)

gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Olav and I have seen this on Solaris when using the Sun Studio compiler.
Others have reported the same on Gentoo Linux and Mac. Rumors say that
running "make distclean" will make it go away, but that did not help in
my case.

A working solution seems to be to either

a) Delete your current branch and make a new one to replace it

b) Delete the old symlink libmysqld/examples/mysqltest.c ->
../../client/mysqltest.c

I don't know why this only happens in some cases.

--
John

Thread
Build failure after merging/pulling changeset with new MTR intoexisting branch?John Embretsen4 Feb