List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladislav Vaintroub Date:February 2 2009 4:38pm
Subject:RE: NULLs and stuff
View as plain text

Jim, sorry, I cannot. But I'm sure there are enough people who will construct a non-empty
bug report that Falcon sorts against different to ANSI or rest of MySQL . But as we
decide to change how indexes are build anyway, why not to do it in a way that makes NULL
special and uniquely identifiable (for queries where x is NULL) and the sort would
conform to standards at least in some cases. That standard has some strange subtleties is
yet another question.

Thread
NULLs and stuffLars-Erik Bjørk30 Jan
  • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
    • Re: NULLs and stuffAnn W. Harrison30 Jan
  • Re: NULLs and stuffPhilip Stoev30 Jan
    • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
      • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
        • RE: NULLs and stuffHakan Kuecuekyilmaz30 Jan
          • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
            • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey1 Feb
      • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey1 Feb
  • Re: NULLs and stuffKevin Lewis30 Jan
  • Re: NULLs and stuffAnn W. Harrison30 Jan
  • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey1 Feb
    • Re: NULLs and stuffLars-Erik Bjørk2 Feb
      • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey2 Feb
        • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub2 Feb