List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Starkey Date:January 31 2009 11:33pm
Subject:Re: NULLs and stuff
View as plain text
Vladislav Vaintroub wrote:

>> Correct me if I am wrong, however Jim's design allows for a database
>> version
>> counter that we can increment in order to handle older tablespaces the
>> way
>> we handled them previously and handle new tablespaces the new way.
>>

> Maybe , but my point is not to do it, even if possibility is there. After
> release, we need to handle backward compatibility. Before release, we do
> not.

Nope, Vlad.  Falcon is a beta and we shouldn't obsolete databases.
Besides, you'd still have to change the minor version number to prevent
crashes on older databases.

Just introduce a new index version and get on with life.

Thread
NULLs and stuffLars-Erik Bjørk30 Jan
  • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
    • Re: NULLs and stuffAnn W. Harrison30 Jan
  • Re: NULLs and stuffPhilip Stoev30 Jan
    • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
      • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
        • RE: NULLs and stuffHakan Kuecuekyilmaz30 Jan
          • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
            • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey1 Feb
      • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey1 Feb
  • Re: NULLs and stuffKevin Lewis30 Jan
  • Re: NULLs and stuffAnn W. Harrison30 Jan
  • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey1 Feb
    • Re: NULLs and stuffLars-Erik Bjørk2 Feb
      • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey2 Feb
        • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub2 Feb