List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip Stoev Date:January 30 2009 1:46pm
Subject:Re: NULLs and stuff
View as plain text
> After original value to key conversion with makeKey, transform
>
> NULL => zero length key
> Zero length key (e.g empty string) => 0x00
> Keys in form of 0x00<something> => 0x00 0x00 <something>
>

> This seems to retain the original sorting when keys for memcmp based
> comparison and making NULL less then everything else.
> I think this fixed lot of issues. But,  if we go for it, we need to issue
> big red "warning, incompatible change" in the release notes
> Luckily we're still alpha and I think we can allow us to make such changes
> without writing a conversion utility.

Correct me if I am wrong, however Jim's design allows for a database version
counter that we can increment in order to handle older tablespaces the way
we handled them previously and handle new tablespaces the new way.

Philip Stoev

Thread
NULLs and stuffLars-Erik Bjørk30 Jan
  • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
    • Re: NULLs and stuffAnn W. Harrison30 Jan
  • Re: NULLs and stuffPhilip Stoev30 Jan
    • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
      • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
        • RE: NULLs and stuffHakan Kuecuekyilmaz30 Jan
          • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub30 Jan
            • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey1 Feb
      • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey1 Feb
  • Re: NULLs and stuffKevin Lewis30 Jan
  • Re: NULLs and stuffAnn W. Harrison30 Jan
  • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey1 Feb
    • Re: NULLs and stuffLars-Erik Bjørk2 Feb
      • Re: NULLs and stuffJim Starkey2 Feb
        • RE: NULLs and stuffVladislav Vaintroub2 Feb