List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Embretsen Date:January 29 2009 1:38pm
Subject:Re: List of weekly tests for Falcon
View as plain text
Philip Stoev wrote:

>>> As noted before, it would be nice to have a weekly run of the default
>>> test
>>> suites with --mysqld=--default-storage-engine=Falcon
>>>

>> Can you schedule such a test on one of your machines? Otherwise I can
>> try to find a slot on lu0009 or caneland and run it on a weekly base and
>> do an automated check for crashes. I am asking you to do it, because I
>> think that it should be run for other engines as well and not only for
>> Falcon.
>
> I am afraid the most time-consuming part here is reviewing the test
> output and weeding out the false positives and determining valid
> regressions as compared to the previous run. I am afraid I can not be of
> much help there.

That would take some time, yes, but we can always start somewhere (e.g.
detect changes in the number of tests failing) and improve when we have
time.

> With respect to running the actual test, I think that editing
> include/have_innodb.inc to force innodb to appear present without
> actually using it would cause more tables and more tests to run on
> Falcon. Having such an edit would require that this test is run off a
> local tree that has this change in place. Before every run, just do "bzr
> pull" to bring the latest Falcon changes in while keeping the hacked
> test files.

Finding a machine to run this and do it on a regular schedule is not a
problem - I (we) have a couple of hosts available for this kind of thing
in the TRD lab. The main issue is finding the time to analyze the
results, in relation to other priorities we have.

--
John
Thread