List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz Date:January 29 2009 12:55pm
Subject:Re: List of weekly tests for Falcon
View as plain text
On Do, 2009-01-29 at 14:19 +0200, Philip Stoev wrote:
> Ok, here is what I intend to do on a weekly basis starting with this
> weekend:
>
> * I have already commandeered a machine for running longer-duration
> Falcon-specific stress tests in PB2

Nice!

> * Run the combinations test suite from my "bug weekends", which is
> essentially a series of insert/update/delete/select statements under various
> combinations of options (such as falcon-page-size) and ratios of the
> individual SQL statements;

Somewhat similar to iuds6.tst?

> * If a certain Falcon per-push RQG test is stable enough and it is
> meaningful to run it for a longer duration, I will schedule that as well.
> This will not include tests that do concurrent ALTERs or tablespace
> operations, more like LIMIT stuff once LIMIT becomes sufficiently stable.

Although concurrent ALTER tests found a lot of bugs, I doubt the "real
world" value of massively concurrent ALTER operations.

I strongly opt for LIMIT based heavy tests, because is LIMIT is
essential in the web world use cases.

> As noted before, it would be nice to have a weekly run of the default test
> suites with --mysqld=--default-storage-engine=Falcon

Can you schedule such a test on one of your machines? Otherwise I can
try to find a slot on lu0009 or caneland and run it on a weekly base and
do an automated check for crashes. I am asking you to do it, because I
think that it should be run for other engines as well and not only for
Falcon.

> Please let me know if any of this would be counter-productive and you prefer
> a different solution.

I am fine with it.

> Philip Stoev

Thread