List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ann W. Harrison Date:October 17 2008 3:38pm
Subject:Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message written
independently of falcon-debug-mask
View as plain text
> Olav Sandstaa wrote:
>>
>> Alterantive 1 (based on Ann's suggestions in an earlier email):
>> ===========
>>
>> * Introduce a new log category called "Fatal" (or something similar)
>> that always get written to the error log independently of what the
>> user has specified in the --falcon-debug-mask.

Rather than ignoring the falcon-debug-mask, I'd suggest that the default
value for falcon-debug-mask be whatever value is associated with fatal
errors.

Jim Starkey wrote:

> The two alternative are not mutually exclusive.  The primary mechanism
> is a new message class "Fatal".  There is also a secondary convenience
> method Log::fatal(const char*, ...) that logs the message with that bit
> in a manner analogous to Log::debug(const char*, ...).

Having Log::fatal be a wrapper around Log::log(LogFatalError, ...)
sounds good to me.

Cheers,

Ann
Thread
Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskOlav Sandstaa17 Oct
  • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskJim Starkey17 Oct
    • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskAnn W. Harrison17 Oct
    • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskOlav Sandstaa10 Mar
      • Please review implementation of WL#4380 (Hooks for crashing Falcon andits recovery)Vladislav Vaintroub10 Mar
      • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskVladislav Vaintroub10 Mar
        • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskOlav Sandstaa15 Mar
          • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskOlav Sandstaa23 Jun
            • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskKevin Lewis23 Jun
            • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskVladislav Vaintroub23 Jun
      • Re: Proposal: extension to Log interface to get error message writtenindependently of falcon-debug-maskJim Starkey10 Mar