List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Lewis Date:January 21 2009 5:37pm
Subject:Re: When you have a chance...
View as plain text
 > Vladislav Vaintroub wrote:
 >
 > Interesting, I still do not get it, why we checking for uniqueness during
 > garbage collection? We have no possibility to report an error to user at
 > this stage.

No, these are two separate activities by separate threads.  Checking for
uniqueness is done by a client thread doing an insert or update.
Garbage Collection is being done outside a transaction by the scavenger,
usually, and inside a transaction by releaseSavepoint.  But
releaseSavepoint is not the problem because the base record is owned by
the transaction doing it.  The problem is garbage collection by the
scavenger, now running-a-muck more than before.

Thread
Re: When you have a chance...Kevin Lewis19 Jan
  • Re: When you have a chance...Jim Starkey19 Jan
    • Re: When you have a chance...Kevin Lewis20 Jan
      • Re: When you have a chance...Christopher Powers20 Jan
      • Re: When you have a chance...Jim Starkey20 Jan
        • Re: When you have a chance...Kevin Lewis21 Jan
      • Re: When you have a chance...Jim Starkey21 Jan
        • Re: When you have a chance...Kevin Lewis21 Jan
          • RE: When you have a chance...Vladislav Vaintroub21 Jan