List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Roy Lyseng Date:December 19 2008 5:49pm
Subject:Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databases
View as plain text

Tim Soderstrom wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Brian Aker wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Dec 19, 2008, at 1:33 AM, Roy Lyseng wrote:
>>
>>> Is it not easier to limit that on a tablespace level?
>>> Assign one tablespace per user with some fixed maximum disk space.
>>> Make sure that a user only sees the database objects (schemata,
>>> tables, tablespaces, ...) that (s)he has access to. (hopefully this
>>> is already implemented in MySQL/Drizzle - I did not check...)
>>

>> Except for the disk space limitations, I am 90% sure I could write a
>> module that did this today. The only thing I could not control is the
>> Innodb buffer size... for that I believe I need Innodb to be able to
>> handle multiple contexts.
>
> I'd say controlling the buffer pool is more important really. Without
> that, another user can thrash the buffer pool with a few silly queries
> and make it painful for the rest of the users on the system.

For even better control, fire up a Solaris zone and a database instance
inside it. Then you can control IP, disk quota, memory usage, CPU, etc,
and probably simpler than partitioning the database server...

Thanks,
Roy
Thread
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesJim Starkey18 Dec
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith18 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesJim Starkey18 Dec
      • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith19 Dec
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesMonty Taylor19 Dec
          • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesJim Starkey19 Dec
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith19 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesRoy Lyseng19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesRoy Lyseng19 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
      • resource controls in the DB (was Re: [Drizzle-discuss] droppingdatabases)Matt.Ingenthron19 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesMatt.Ingenthron19 Dec