List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Soderstrom Date:December 19 2008 5:19pm
Subject:Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databases
View as plain text
On Dec 19, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Brian Aker wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Dec 19, 2008, at 1:33 AM, Roy Lyseng wrote:
>
>> Is it not easier to limit that on a tablespace level?
>> Assign one tablespace per user with some fixed maximum disk space.
>> Make sure that a user only sees the database objects (schemata,
>> tables, tablespaces, ...) that (s)he has access to. (hopefully this
>> is already implemented in MySQL/Drizzle - I did not check...)
>

> Except for the disk space limitations, I am 90% sure I could write a
> module that did this today. The only thing I could not control is
> the Innodb buffer size... for that I believe I need Innodb to be
> able to handle multiple contexts.

I'd say controlling the buffer pool is more important really. Without
that, another user can thrash the buffer pool with a few silly queries
and make it painful for the rest of the users on the system.
Thread
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesJim Starkey18 Dec
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith18 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesJim Starkey18 Dec
      • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith19 Dec
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesMonty Taylor19 Dec
          • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesJim Starkey19 Dec
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith19 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesRoy Lyseng19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesRoy Lyseng19 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
      • resource controls in the DB (was Re: [Drizzle-discuss] droppingdatabases)Matt.Ingenthron19 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesMatt.Ingenthron19 Dec