List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Soderstrom Date:December 19 2008 1:04am
Subject:Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databases
View as plain text
On Dec 18, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Stewart Smith wrote:

<snip>

> This is the time you all make fun of me for my lack of SQL knowledge.
>
> Am i correct here: multiple schemas in a database. database has
> default
> schema.
>
> so it's another namespace thing.
>
> db/schema/table
>
> and  mysql effecively is just db/DEFAULT/table with no wayto change
> from
> DEFAULT?
>

> Is this something people want?

We were pondering this at work and I think it might be pretty neat.
Consider the case where multiple users might live on a server (say a
shared hosting environment). Being able to assign a db to each user
and allow them to make their own schema under that db would be pretty
neat! (Each DB would probably be associated with a website in this
example).

That said, I don't consider that a huge deal, but it would be a nice
feature that would probably get some use.

More $0.02. A few more of these and I might have a whole dollar :)

Tim S.
Thread
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesJim Starkey18 Dec
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith18 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesJim Starkey18 Dec
      • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith19 Dec
        • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesMonty Taylor19 Dec
          • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesJim Starkey19 Dec
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesStewart Smith19 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesRoy Lyseng19 Dec
Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
  • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesRoy Lyseng19 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesTim Soderstrom19 Dec
      • resource controls in the DB (was Re: [Drizzle-discuss] droppingdatabases)Matt.Ingenthron19 Dec
    • Re: [Drizzle-discuss] dropping databasesMatt.Ingenthron19 Dec