List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harrison Fisk Date:December 17 2008 10:00pm
Subject:Finding record cache and page cache hit rates
View as plain text
Hi,

I've been doing some playing with falcon recently, and wanted to find
out how effective the record cache and page cache were.

First off, is there any reason the FALCON_RECORD_CACHE_SUMMARY is
disabled in the non-debug build?  I can see the the detail tables
being disabled, but finding how much is free in the record cache is
useful.  Is there really that much overhead to keeping track of that?

Secondly, I wanted to see how the page cache and record cache were
working together.  It seems like being able to find the hit ratios for
these would certainly be useful.  Particularly since they are tunable
independently.

For the page cache hit rate, I *think* I can get the page cache ratio
based on INFORMATION_SCHEMA.FALCON_TABLESPACE_IO PHYSICAL_READS and
LOGICAL_READS values.  Is this a correct assumption?

I don't see any way to see any useful information about the record
cache.  Are there any plans on adding any useful statistics about hit
rates, usage, etc...?

Thanks!

Regards,

Harrison
--
Harrison C. Fisk, MySQL Staff Support Engineer
MySQL @ Sun Microsystems, Inc., http://www.sun.com/mysql/

Thread
Finding record cache and page cache hit ratesHarrison Fisk17 Dec