List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ann W. Harrison Date:December 15 2008 5:54pm
Subject:Re: Falcon Index Keys
View as plain text
Vlad,

> I think I would not map all numbers to double though if I'd be doing that
> from scratch ;) , it is a strange imprecise format.

Imprecise, perhaps, but repeatable.  And it has two advantages:  first,
the trailing digits are not significant, so it can benefit from suffix
compression, and second, in systems that allow columns to be altered
in place, it avoids index rebuilds when either precision or the number
of decimal digits change.

Best,

Ann
Thread
Falcon Index KeysJim Starkey15 Dec
  • RE: Falcon Index KeysVladislav Vaintroub15 Dec
    • Re: Falcon Index KeysJim Starkey15 Dec
    • Re: Falcon Index KeysAnn W. Harrison15 Dec