List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladislav Vaintroub Date:December 15 2008 5:37pm
Subject:RE: Falcon Index Keys
View as plain text
Common memcmp'rable index format is probably the best sweet spot of Falcon I
can think of, from developers point of view.
Considering binary representation while doing sort/search/key compression
was a big pain in the back for me at the time I have done it for various
archaic Adabas datatypes  (alphanumeric ASCII and EBCDIC , binary integer
types in big and little endian , Unicode(UTF8), packed, unpacked  and fixed
decimal, IEEE float and double)

I think I would not map all numbers to double though if I'd be doing that
from scratch ;) , it is a strange imprecise format.