List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Lewis Date:December 11 2008 4:09pm
Subject:Re: [Fwd: Re: More Falcon fun]
View as plain text
>>> ... merge segments in parallel, so the index is built from
>>>  front to back in a single pass.
>>
>> This is WL#4447 - Falcon; Sort-Merge for Index Creation
>>

> Right - I looked at the title and thought it meant reading,
> sorting, and merging, rather than using chilled segments.
> Mind if I change that title?

Please do.

This design is BETTER that a normal sort-merge because it can be done
for every batch update to the table, not just creating the index from
scratch.  DeferredIndexes was a great idea!

Kevin
Thread
Re: [Fwd: Re: More Falcon fun]Ann W. Harrison10 Dec
Re: [Fwd: Re: More Falcon fun]Ann W. Harrison11 Dec
Re: [Fwd: Re: More Falcon fun]Ann W. Harrison11 Dec
  • Re: [Fwd: Re: More Falcon fun]Kevin Lewis11 Dec