List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladislav Vaintroub Date:December 11 2008 2:59pm
Subject:RE: [Fwd: Bug 32398]
View as plain text
Changing file attributes seems  too sneaky for me:)
removing write on parent directory is bad, as it makes creating file in the
directory impossible. Playing with file attributes requires specific file
systems (except on Windows) and does not have documented apis (again except
on Windows)

So I'd say, for the purpose of the bug fix, adding ".fts" extension if it is
not  already there does not sound too bad. And, the file systems I know of,
can all swallow
multiple dots in the file name (on VMS it could not be the case, but we do
not port to VMS in the next century I hope;)

Thread
Re: [Fwd: Bug 32398]Jim Starkey29 Nov
Re: [Fwd: Bug 32398]Kevin Lewis11 Dec
RE: [Fwd: Bug 32398]Vladislav Vaintroub11 Dec
  • Re: [Fwd: Bug 32398]Jim Starkey11 Dec