List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Starkey Date:December 9 2008 5:09pm
Subject:Memory, Falcon, and $$$
View as plain text
I took delivery of 40 GB of ECC memory for my cloud.  Excluding tax, the
total cost was $420 plus tax, or $10.50 per GB (shipping was free).

This is a question that everyone should ask himself or herself
regularly:  Would our users be willing to spend an extra $50 per server
for a faster database?  How can we use memory better to improve
performance.  And, does it make sense to sacrifice adequate memory
performance to work in low memory situations?

--
Jim Starkey
President, NimbusDB, Inc.

Thread
Memory, Falcon, and $$$Jim Starkey9 Dec
  • Re: Memory, Falcon, and $$$Philip Stoev9 Dec
    • Re: Memory, Falcon, and $$$Jim Starkey9 Dec