List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Starkey Date:December 9 2008 5:09pm
Subject:Memory, Falcon, and $$$
View as plain text
I took delivery of 40 GB of ECC memory for my cloud.  Excluding tax, the
total cost was $420 plus tax, or $10.50 per GB (shipping was free).

This is a question that everyone should ask himself or herself
regularly:  Would our users be willing to spend an extra $50 per server
for a faster database?  How can we use memory better to improve
performance.  And, does it make sense to sacrifice adequate memory
performance to work in low memory situations?

Jim Starkey
President, NimbusDB, Inc.
978 526-1376

Memory, Falcon, and $$$Jim Starkey9 Dec
  • Re: Memory, Falcon, and $$$Philip Stoev9 Dec
    • Re: Memory, Falcon, and $$$Jim Starkey9 Dec