List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ann W. Harrison Date:December 3 2008 11:56pm
Subject:Re: trailing spaces and compound keys and tabs
View as plain text
Kevin,

> Embedding the tab character in this sequence works just fine and does
> sort correctly.
>
> Incidentally, the run size is 6 bytes which includes the end-of-segment
> byte.  So we each RUN contains 5 bytes of the key (not 4), unless it is
> the last RUN.

Ah.  Sorry.  Jim used that trick on the last three databases with
different run sizes ... I should have looked rather than guessing.

Best,

Ann

Thread
trailing spaces and compound keys and tabsAnn W. Harrison4 Dec
  • Re: trailing spaces and compound keys and tabsKevin Lewis4 Dec
    • Re: trailing spaces and compound keys and tabsAnn W. Harrison4 Dec
  • Re: trailing spaces and compound keys and tabsAnn W. Harrison5 Dec