List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olav Sandstaa Date:November 18 2008 7:48pm
Subject:Re: New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeState
View as plain text
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your answers. They are very helpful. See comments inline.

Kevin Lewis wrote:
> Kevin Lewis wrote:
>>

>> In other words, if a record no longer had a transaction pointer, it
>> ended before any transaction that would be calling getRelativeState()
>> ever started.
>
> This implies that the code you are worried about is no longer used or
> needed;
>
>            // Be sure it was not active when we started.
>
>             for (int n = 0; n < numberStates; ++n)
>                 if (states [n].transactionId == transId)
>                     return CommittedInvisible;

I too had almost concluded (on Friday) that this code should never been
hit both based on the code, the comments and by tracing test runs with
it. But then I found (with the new dependency manager) that some of the
"null pointer transactions" actually was still "active" and had to
re-evaluate. But as you suggest this might be due to some bug that I
have introduced :-(

> Can you run a test to see if that return is EVER hit in the current code?

Yes, I will - and report back my findings.

Olav

Thread
New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeStateOlav Sandstaa18 Nov
  • Re: New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeStateKevin Lewis18 Nov
    • Re: New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeStateKevin Lewis18 Nov
      • Re: New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeStateOlav Sandstaa18 Nov
      • Re: New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeStateOlav Sandstaa18 Nov
        • Re: New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeStateKevin Lewis19 Nov
          • Re: New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeStateOlav Sandstaa19 Nov
            • Re: New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeStateKevin Lewis19 Nov
              • Re: New dependency manager and Transaction::getRelativeStateOlav Sandstaa20 Nov