List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:November 15 2008 10:05am
Subject:Re: An interesting backup/restore problem with tablespaces
View as plain text
Hi Ann,

Ann W. Harrison, 15.11.2008 05:27:
> Suppose a database D includes a table T which is in a Falcon
> tablespace called FTS stored in /myDBs/tableSpaces/FTS.fts.
> Backup D.
>
> Then drop tablespace FTS and  create a second database called
> DPrime, which includes a Falcon table called TPrime, stored in
> a new tablespace called FTSPrime, in /myDBs/tableSpaces/FTS.fts.
>
> Now restore D.

IMHO there is no problem. At least nothing special to tablespaces.

You can construct like conflicts with most object types. The problem is
with the user who reuses names for different things between backup and
restore.

I don't think we can ever guarantee that restore will work regardless of
what the users changes since backup.

However, if you want to say that this is one of the cases that we should
be able to deal with, then it's something different.

Regards
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Database Group
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer