List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz Date:November 12 2008 2:42pm
Subject:Re: Serial log record encoding
View as plain text
Ann,

see inline question.

[cut]

> Falcon represents several MySQL data types as unscaled integer: tiny, short, int24,
> long,
> longlong, year, enum, set, and bit.  Numeric and decimal values less than 19 digits
> with a
> scale of zero are also stored as unscaled integers.
>
> Unscaled integers between 10 and 31 are represented by distinct types.  Regardless of
>
> the declaration of the field  tinyint, smallint, int, or bigint, if the value is
> between 10
> and 31, the field is represented by a single byte.  For example, any integer field
> with a
> value of zero is represented by edsInt0, any integer field with the value 22 is
> represented
> as edsInt22, and any integer field with the value 9 is represented by edsIntMinus9.

 0 --> edsInt0
22 --> edsInt22
 9 --> edsIntMinus9

In EncodedDataStrem.h enum DataStreamCode{} I see
edsIntMinus10, edsIntMinus9, ..., edsInt0, edsInt1, ..., edsInt31.

Now I am wondering why the value 9 is edsIntMinus9 and not edsInt9?

--
Hakan Küçükyılmaz, Senior Software Engineer DBTG/MySQL +49 160
98953296

Thread
Serial log record encodingChristopher Powers8 Nov
  • Re: Serial log record encodingAnn W. Harrison12 Nov
    • Re: Serial log record encodingHakan Kuecuekyilmaz12 Nov