List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ann W. Harrison Date:November 11 2008 9:59pm
Subject:Re: Question on The 3 phases Of Recovery
View as plain text
Vlad,

> In theory, phase 1 should have no access to physical structures , e.g
> tablespaces , incarnations are bumped, nothing else happens.With your
> explanation, I think *all* reallocPage should be done then on phase2 and all
> allocPage if any should be done in redo, is this correct?  I could put
> ASSERTs for that

That would be good.  If there are any allocPage's in phase 2, we
(meaning you) should find a way to move them out to redo.

> If this is so, I can populate droppedTablespaces bitmap during phase1, and
> during phase2 or redo skip all records that reference non-existing
> tablespaces.

That would be good ...

> It is exactly what I have done in the patch, but this time just
> without any exception handling, as we do not expect access to the
> tablespaces in the phase1.

Fine.  That sounds very clean ... nearly elegant.

Best,

Ann

Thread
Question on The 3 phases Of RecoveryVladislav Vaintroub7 Nov
  • RE: Question on The 3 phases Of RecoveryVladislav Vaintroub7 Nov
  • Re: Question on The 3 phases Of RecoveryAnn W. Harrison11 Nov
    • RE: Question on The 3 phases Of RecoveryVladislav Vaintroub11 Nov
      • Re: Question on The 3 phases Of RecoveryAnn W. Harrison11 Nov