List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher Powers Date:November 8 2008 7:18pm
Subject:Serial log record encoding
View as plain text
Jim or Ann,

I'm debugging a serial log corruption that occurs during the
falcon_chill_thaw stress test. It seems that the length field for
SRLUpdateRecords entries is either missing or is overwritten when the
data length is zero.

Do you have any documenation on the physical encoding of the integer
values used in the serial log for transaction ids, savepoints and
length? If not, can you throw together an explanation?

I assume that the encoding is value-based, endian-independent and packed
to preserve space within the sector-size blocks...true?

Thanks,

Chris
Thread
Serial log record encodingChristopher Powers8 Nov
  • Re: Serial log record encodingAnn W. Harrison12 Nov
    • Re: Serial log record encodingHakan Kuecuekyilmaz12 Nov