List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladislav Vaintroub Date:October 6 2008 6:12pm
Subject:RE: Understanding RefCounts in Falcon
View as plain text
> The advantage of targeted reference counting is performance.
> The advantage of smart pointers is stability.

I'm about to give up. All discussions during Boston meeting are in vain.
References are non-existent feature of C++ and it is not possible to prevent
copying and object when it is passed as function parameter. Therefore  smart
pointers are slow.

Thread
Understanding RefCounts in FalconKevin Lewis6 Oct
  • RE: Understanding RefCounts in FalconVladislav Vaintroub6 Oct
    • Re: Understanding RefCounts in FalconMARK CALLAGHAN6 Oct
      • RE: Understanding RefCounts in FalconVladislav Vaintroub6 Oct
      • Re: Understanding RefCounts in FalconKevin Lewis6 Oct
        • RE: Understanding RefCounts in FalconVladislav Vaintroub6 Oct
          • Re: Understanding RefCounts in FalconKevin Lewis6 Oct
            • RE: Understanding RefCounts in FalconVladislav Vaintroub7 Oct
              • Re: Understanding RefCounts in FalconJim Starkey7 Oct