List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz Date:November 5 2008 4:50pm
Subject:Downmerge from mysql-6.0
View as plain text
Hi team,

I just finished our weekly Thursday down merge a day earlier today
because I am traveling tomorrow. I merged:
   mysql-6.0 --> mysql-6.0-falcon --> mysql-6.0-falcon-team

and
   mysql-6.0-falcon-team --> mysql-6.0-falcon

This merge contains a long outstanding fix for mysql-test-run.pl to do a
soft server restart by issuing --shutdown_server. For details see
    http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=39205

and test case falcon_bug_28095.test.

falcon_bug_28095.test assures that a server restart with Falcon works. A
"soft" restart means that the datadir of the server is not deleted. In
contrary a restart issued by having a -master.opt file stops the server
and deletes all datadir files, thus leading to a complete fresh start of
mysqld.

As always, please test your tree for unusual problems like compile errors or the
like.

Cheers and happy compiling,

Hakan

--
Hakan Küçükyılmaz, Senior Software Engineer DBTG/MySQL +49 160
98953296

Thread
Downmerge from mysql-6.0Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz5 Nov