List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Lewis Date:November 4 2008 12:53am
Subject:Re: SRLSession and Server Version Number
View as plain text
Vlad,

This seems like a good idea to me since it is backward compatible and
will help to diagnose future recovery problems by knowing for sure what
version of Falcon created the tablespace and the serial log.  Would you
take on this task as part of your recovery investigations?  Unless you
can find a reason to do it under a bug, please open a worklog to track it.

I think we are talking about using putStream to add these

#define FALCON_VERSION	"T1.3-2"
#define FALCON_DATE	"30 October, 2008"

in SRLSession::append() and getStream() in SRLSession::read().

Then they can be added to the end of the header page in Hdr::create()

Jim Starkey wrote:
> Maybe we should put the server version number in a) the database header
> and b) the serial log session (SRLSession) record.  This would give us
> an accurate idea of a database's history.
>
> The database header page, incidentally, is initialized as zero, so
> adding stuff is trivial and backward compatible.

Thread
SRLSession and Server Version NumberJim Starkey4 Nov
  • Re: SRLSession and Server Version NumberKevin Lewis4 Nov
    • RE: SRLSession and Server Version NumberVladislav Vaintroub4 Nov
      • Re: SRLSession and Server Version NumberKevin Lewis4 Nov
        • Re: SRLSession and Server Version NumberJames Day5 Nov
          • Re: SRLSession and Server Version NumberAnn W. Harrison5 Nov
            • Re: SRLSession and Server Version NumberJim Starkey5 Nov
      • Re: SRLSession and Server Version NumberJim Starkey4 Nov