List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz Date:November 3 2008 8:15pm
Subject:Scavenger changes for sysbench
View as plain text
Kevin,

I just read your proposal for changing the behavior of the
scavenger for sysbench related tests:

[quote]
  --falcon-scavenge-schedule=1,6,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51.56 * * * * *
  --falcon-record-scavenge-threshold=80
  --falcon-record-scavenge-floor=75
[/quote]

Would make sense to try
  --falcon-record-scavenge-threshold=80
  --falcon-record-scavenge-floor=75

for DBT2?

For InnoDB I got a tip from Vadim from Percona to lower
  --innodb_max_dirty_pages_pct

from it's default of 90% to 70% and it helped to flaten the periodic
drops in InnoDB's performance a bit. I had a brief look into InnoDB's
code and it looks like it flushes all dirty pages, which means that they
probably don't have a "innodb_max_dirty_pages_floor_pct" like a thing.
So flushing more often in smaller chunks helped InnoDB.

Best regards,

Hakan
--
Hakan Küçükyılmaz, Senior Software Engineer DBTG/MySQL +49 160
98953296

Thread
Scavenger changes for sysbenchHakan Kuecuekyilmaz3 Nov
  • Re: Scavenger changes for sysbenchKevin Lewis3 Nov