List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz Date:October 30 2008 4:25pm
Subject:Re: Unthawable
View as plain text
On Do, 2008-10-30 at 11:17 -0500, Kevin Lewis wrote:
> >> From: "Lars-Erik Bjørk"
>  >> Do we abort transactions that have been idle for a certain period of
>  >> time to avoid a malicious user keeping transactions open in order to
>  >> fill up our disks?
>
>  >Philip Stoev wrote:
> > The server has some idle timeouts on the network level that will kill a
> > completely idle connection after a few days, but those can easily be
> > circumvented by sending select 1 over the wire.
> >
> > To the best of my knowledge, Falcon and the server do not have any
> > definite transaction-level timeouts or limits. I believe Jim's opinion
> > is that if you have given access to somebody to your database servers,
> > you deserve everything that will happen.
>
> Pervasive.SQL and some other database systems have the ability to allow
> a DBA to selectively kill a long running transaction or connection from
> a separate connection.  I do not know if this can be done in MySQL.  But
> it would be a server feature, not Falcon.

That would be the kill command within mysql client kill <thread_id>

--
Hakan Küçükyılmaz, Senior Software Engineer DBTG/MySQL +49 160
98953296

Thread
UnthawableKevin Lewis25 Oct
  • Re: UnthawableJim Starkey25 Oct
  • Re: UnthawablePhilip Stoev29 Oct
    • Re: UnthawableKevin Lewis30 Oct
      • Re: UnthawableLars-Erik Bjørk30 Oct
    • Re: UnthawableAnn W. Harrison30 Oct
  • Re: UnthawablePhilip Stoev30 Oct
    • Re: UnthawableKevin Lewis30 Oct
      • Re: UnthawableHakan Kuecuekyilmaz30 Oct
      • Re: UnthawableJames Day31 Oct
Re: UnthawableKevin Lewis27 Oct
  • Re: UnthawableAnn W. Harrison27 Oct
  • Re: UnthawableJim Starkey27 Oct