List:Falcon Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Lewis Date:October 30 2008 4:17pm
Subject:Re: Unthawable
View as plain text
 >> From: "Lars-Erik Bjørk"
 >> Do we abort transactions that have been idle for a certain period of
 >> time to avoid a malicious user keeping transactions open in order to
 >> fill up our disks?

 >Philip Stoev wrote:
> The server has some idle timeouts on the network level that will kill a
> completely idle connection after a few days, but those can easily be
> circumvented by sending select 1 over the wire.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, Falcon and the server do not have any
> definite transaction-level timeouts or limits. I believe Jim's opinion
> is that if you have given access to somebody to your database servers,
> you deserve everything that will happen.

Pervasive.SQL and some other database systems have the ability to allow
a DBA to selectively kill a long running transaction or connection from
a separate connection.  I do not know if this can be done in MySQL.  But
it would be a server feature, not Falcon.
Thread
UnthawableKevin Lewis25 Oct
  • Re: UnthawableJim Starkey25 Oct
  • Re: UnthawablePhilip Stoev29 Oct
    • Re: UnthawableKevin Lewis30 Oct
      • Re: UnthawableLars-Erik Bjørk30 Oct
    • Re: UnthawableAnn W. Harrison30 Oct
  • Re: UnthawablePhilip Stoev30 Oct
    • Re: UnthawableKevin Lewis30 Oct
      • Re: UnthawableHakan Kuecuekyilmaz30 Oct
      • Re: UnthawableJames Day31 Oct
Re: UnthawableKevin Lewis27 Oct
  • Re: UnthawableAnn W. Harrison27 Oct
  • Re: UnthawableJim Starkey27 Oct