List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:March 2 2005 3:00pm
Subject:RE: 24 Hours in the Life of Eventum 1.4
View as plain text
Jeff,

> I found this one.  It's the "Tool Caption" variable on the
> General Setup
> page, which ships empty and I didn't know what a tool caption
> was.  On
> the web, it defaults to "Eventum" if this is blank, but the
> email just
> prints the empty value.

Ah, yes. I went looking on the code to fix this, but it looks like Bryan
already did that.

> Is that INBOX supposed to be on there for POP?

Yes, it shouldn't matter.

> Error while connecting to the email server - Can't open mailbox
> {mail.phx3.nearlyfreespeech.net:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}INBOX:
> invalid remote specification

Now this is pretty strange. I'll try to debug this on my own
ssl-self-signed-cert server today.

> Also, out of curiosity, what is the difference between "IMAP"
> and "IMAP,
> no TLS?"

Great question, and I assume that the difference is that "IMAP" will use
TLS if the server broadcasts that as available, and "IMAP, no TLS"
forces the IMAP extension not to try to use TLS.

> And, while I'm at it, wouldn't it be neat if, in conjunction
> with IMAP
> servers, one could specify an alternate folder for "Leave Copy of
> Messages on Server?"

I guess. Is this something you need?

> Here's a silly question.  Provided the backend MySQL server is
> accessible from both, is there any reason that the cron stuff that
> interacts with email has to be on the same server as the site?

Yes, because the cron jobs usually require a bunch of Eventum classes
that wouldn't be available if they were running from another server. But
I guess if you copy the Eventum directory to some other server, and
change the configuration file to point to the real MySQL server, then it
should work fine.

> Hey, I'm curious, what happens if a person on email
> notification for a
> ticket has an out-of-office autoresponder enabled and the
> auto-update of
> tickets via email is also enabled?

That should be ignored, I think. I know we are checking for that on
route_emails.php, but I'm not sure if the issue auto-creation does this
as well.

> Perhaps there could be a nice "hidden" status added where
> lonely tickets
> would go to die, and stop showing up in the reports and whatnot.

The easiest thing to do here is simply to create a "test" project,
create all of your tickets in there, and when you are ready to move on,
just create the project that you are really going to use, and then
delete the test one.

--Joao

Thread
24 Hours in the Life of Eventum 1.4Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse26 Feb
  • RE: 24 Hours in the Life of Eventum 1.4Joao Prado Maia26 Feb
    • Re: 24 Hours in the Life of Eventum 1.4Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse26 Feb
      • Re: 24 Hours in the Life of Eventum 1.4Elan Ruusam√§e27 Feb
      • RE: 24 Hours in the Life of Eventum 1.4Joao Prado Maia2 Mar
        • Re: 24 Hours in the Life of Eventum 1.4Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse2 Mar