List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd.Morgan Date:March 3 2004 12:08pm
Subject:RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from
eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gz
View as plain text

Thanks for that Joao,
I played around with the priviledges and I got the system to work properly
now. I originally had the dbuser assigned to "all priviledges" "with grant
option" on the "global priviledges" as well as the specific DB ... but i
turned it down to the specific DB only with lesser priviledges and it works
now. I don't understand why this would be the case (as I'm not a MySQL
expert).

So a big thank you for your help in getting the system working for me. Now
that i have a fully working system I am even more impressed by what I see
:-) I particularly like the telephone follow up section on the issue page
and the ability to "clock on". To me it shows a very mature and well
thought out product.

As an aside, I need to be able to rebuild this system (in the event of
failure) so i am going to build it on another machine. Could you please
tell me the proper proceedure for creating a mysql user with the
appropriate access levels (priviledges)for eventum so that I don't have a
repeat of this problem.

thanks again for your help
              Todd
PS the I didn't even notice the "tom" until you pointed it out ;-)

----- Message from "Joao Prado Maia" <jpm@stripped> on Mon, 1 Mar 2004
08:20:26 -0600 -----

To: <eventum-users@stripped>

eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gz

Tom,> I have a freshly installed version of eventum >
(eventum-nightly-20040213) on> the following system> > Apache (1.3.29 -
win) C:\Apache> PHP 4.3.4 win> MySQL 4.0.17 win> on a win2k Server box> > I
have managed to create the system properly, create projects, > users,
email> integration - all working properly.> > When I tried to submit my
first test issue I got the email messages> attached below.> > I used
MySQLCC to check the database and there is a "eventum_issue" table> and all
the fields iss_* are appropriately filled out as per my issue.> > The
error_handler.log had the following entries contained within it> </snip>> >
If anyone has any thoughts on how to fix this I would appreciate > some
help.> Strange. I was about to ask you if you were sure that all tables
were created correctly, and that you were checking the correct database,
but since you can create projects and users, that's not obviously the
culprit.When you used MySQLCC to check the database, did you try the exact
same user that Eventum is using? I'm tending to guess on a privilege
problem here, but it's unlikely.Cheers,Joao Prado MaiaMySQL AB

----- Message from "Joao Prado Maia" <jpm@stripped> on Mon, 1 Mar 2004
08:41:17 -0600 -----

To: <eventum-users@stripped>

eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gz

> Tom,> Argh, not Tom -> Todd!Sorry about that.--Joao

Thread
Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzTodd.Morgan29 Feb
  • RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzJoao Prado Maia1 Mar
    • RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzJoao Prado Maia1 Mar
RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system fromeventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzTodd.Morgan3 Mar
  • RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzJoao Prado Maia3 Mar