List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:January 19 2005 3:22pm
Subject:RE: Is there something amiss with the mirrored Tarballs?
View as plain text
Joseph,

> [ii] The top level index.php file just produce a file listing
> [ because
> of my temporary settings in my Apache configuration ], otherwise it
> would be a blank screen as described by Martoni's postings on 1/14/05
> "Blank pages w/ Eventum 1.4 and PHP5", ( I am using PHP4 on a FreeBSD
> platform O/S 4.9 and PHP 4.3.10 ). Joao Prado's response on
> the 15th was
> to change the following lines in the config.inc.php
>
>     ini_set("display_errors", 0);
>     error_reporting(0);
>
>     To the following:
>
>     ini_set("display_errors", 1);
>     error_reporting(E_ALL);

Right, the problem here is that the permissions for all of the files and
directories were set to 700. You need to change the permissions to whatever is
appropriate for your current setup, like giving ownership (or group permission)
to the Apache user.

> However, the contents of the untarred  config.inc.php file from the
> tarball is
>  cat eventum/config.inc.php
>
>     // automatically redirect to the setup screen
>     header("Location: setup/");
>     exit;

Correct, for a "clean" install of Eventum, the config file that is included from
pretty much all other scripts will redirect you to the installation screen.
Nothing wrong with that.

> No ini_set("display_errors", 0); line etc?

I see your point. My advice wasn't really appropriate for people who couldn't
even install Eventum for the first time, which is the case here. Sorry about
that.

> In my PHP.INI  file the 'allow_call_time_pass_reference'
> option has been
> set to both  'ON' and to 'TRUE' as well, neither made a
> difference, but
> the phpinfo works flawlessly and setting  the
> my.domain.com/eventum/index.php file to 777 has no effect either!

Try changing "allow_call_time_pass_reference" to "1", and not "On" or "True".

> It would be nice to know for "starters" if all the downloaded
> files in
> the tarball was OK, a file list w/ size and permission as
> from ls -l on
> *NIX system could do it, it would help to let us know that at
> least we
> are starting out on the right foot, or a chcksum if the ball is
> guaranteed correct.

Everything on the tarball is fine. All you need to do is change the permissions
and fix the php.ini directive as I explained above.

--Joao

Thread
Is there something amiss with the mirrored Tarballs?Joseph E. Maxwell19 Jan
  • RE: Is there something amiss with the mirrored Tarballs?Joao Prado Maia19 Jan