List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:June 2 2004 7:07pm
Subject:RE: Email not being sent
View as plain text
Andrew,

> I setup Eventum and configured it to use the proper SMTP server
> but it is not sending email notifications to the recipients.  I
> checked the SMTP server logs and I see nothing so it does not
> appear to be sending anything.  Is there something I'm missing?
> Is this functionality working?

Yes, the current bitkeeper snapshot has a new feature that queues the outgoing emails in a
separate table, and requires a cron job to run a script to process that mail queue. Please
check and confirm that your outgoing emails are being stored in the eventum_mail_queue
table.

I'm in the middle of writing up some documentation on this, but this is the important bits
on your case:

==================== // ====================
1)- Mail Queue Process (misc/process_mail_queue.php)

Beginning with the first release of Eventum, emails are not directly sent out
from the various scripts, but rather added to a mail queue table that is
processed by a cron job. If an email cannot be sent, it will be marked as such
in the mail queue log, and the cron job script will re-try to send it again the
next time it runs.

* * * * * cd /path-to-eventum/misc; /usr/bin/php -q process_mail_queue.php

The above line will run the mail queue script every minute. To setup the SMTP
server that Eventum should use to send these queued emails, go to:

 Administration >>> General Setup > SMTP (Outgoing Email) Settings

==================== // ====================

Please let me know if that works for you.

> Also, I have fixed a couple JavaScript errors and wanted to know
> if you would like those fixes.

Yes, please send the fixes over as patches. Or you could just tell me where the errors are
and I'll fix them myself.

--Joao

Thread
Email not being sentAndrew Berman2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentJoao Prado Maia2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentAndrew Berman2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentAndrew Berman2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentAndrew Berman2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentAndrew Berman2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentJoao Prado Maia2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentJoao Prado Maia2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentJoao Prado Maia2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentAndrew Berman2 Jun
RE: Email not being sentJoao Prado Maia3 Jun