List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:January 15 2005 4:28pm
Subject:RE: Email Download interface
View as plain text
Nicolas,

> I know that the problem is coming from Outlook, but even if I
> don't like
> Outlook, I don't think it can be ignored... An alternative
> solution would be
> to have an interface that allow to create a new Issue based
> on some keywords
> (such as the project name in the subject or message body.)
> The subject would
> become the summary and the body the description. This is how
> it is done in
> bugzilla for example.

Indeed. I did a long and painful debugging run on this a few months ago, and got
to the same conclusion: we need some alternative way in which we can reliably
associate emails (and their replies) to the correct issues, since Outlook
doesn't send In-Reply-To: or References: headers either.

So yeah, we know about this shortcomming, and the fix is on our TODO list, but
not on a high priority basis. This would be a perfect example of how the
community could help us develop this sort of feature.

--Joao

Thread
RE: Email Download interfaceJoao Prado Maia15 Jan