List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:May 25 2004 2:54pm
Subject:RE: Cookies Disabled Error
View as plain text
Sam,

> I've installed Eventum on our local intranet server (running IIS 5.0 on
Windows2000, and PHP 4.3.3).  It seems to be working appropriately--the
database was created, appropriate users and permissions created.  When I try
to log on with an incorrect user/password I get "Error: The email address /
password combination could not be found in the system,"  which implies to me
that the script is querying the database and returning rows appropriately.

> My problem is that when I try to log on with a correct user/password I get
an error stating "Error: Cookies support seem to be disabled in your
browser. Please enable this feature and try again."

We had the same problem happen with a few of our internal users, and there
are a couple of possibilities:

- You have some sort of personal firewall software that is blocking the
cookies
- Your computer's clock is set to a wrong date, so when a cookie is created
with an expiration date, the expiration is already in the "past", so they
never get created. Check both your computer and the server for this
particular possibility

--Joao

Thread
Cookies Disabled ErrorSam Boles25 May
  • RE: Cookies Disabled ErrorJoao Prado Maia25 May