List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:May 25 2004 2:54pm
Subject:RE: Cookies Disabled Error
View as plain text

> I've installed Eventum on our local intranet server (running IIS 5.0 on
Windows2000, and PHP 4.3.3).  It seems to be working appropriately--the
database was created, appropriate users and permissions created.  When I try
to log on with an incorrect user/password I get "Error: The email address /
password combination could not be found in the system,"  which implies to me
that the script is querying the database and returning rows appropriately.
> My problem is that when I try to log on with a correct user/password I get
an error stating "Error: Cookies support seem to be disabled in your
browser. Please enable this feature and try again."

We had the same problem happen with a few of our internal users, and there
are a couple of possibilities:

- You have some sort of personal firewall software that is blocking the
- Your computer's clock is set to a wrong date, so when a cookie is created
with an expiration date, the expiration is already in the "past", so they
never get created. Check both your computer and the server for this
particular possibility

Cookies Disabled ErrorSam Boles25 May
  • RE: Cookies Disabled ErrorJoao Prado Maia25 May