List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg Larkin Date:July 10 2012 7:34pm
Subject:Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OS
View as plain text
Hi Lee,

Interesting, I would expect some differences, but also run this command
on each machine to make sure the .ini files you attached are the same as
reported in the output:

php --ini

I did see some differences between the .ini files you sent, and the new
one would benefit from these changes:

allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off
display_errors = Off
enable_dl = Off
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
register_argc_argv = Off
session.use_only_cookies = 1
session.hash_function = 1
session.cookie_httponly = 1
session.bug_compat_42 = Off
session.bug_compat_warn = On
short_open_tag = Off
error_log = syslog

You'll need to restart the web server after making those changes.  You
should also visit the /setup URL of your Eventum installation to check
if there are any other tweaks needed after moving to the new system.

Hope that helps,
Greg

On 7/10/12 12:11 PM, Lee Cartwright wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Old Machine
> # php -i | grep register
> register_argc_argv => On => On
> register_globals => Off => Off
> register_long_arrays => Off => Off
>
> New Machine
> $ php -i | grep register
> register_argc_argv => On => On
> register_globals => Off => Off
> register_long_arrays => Off => Off
>
> I've attached the two ini files in case they're still of use.
>
> Thanks,
> Lee
>

> On 10/07/12 16:44, Greg Larkin wrote:
>> Hi Lee,
>>
>> Excellent, glad to hear it!  Yes, those are the php.ini files I
>> mentioned, but here's an easier way to check for differences.  Run the
>> following command on each machine and check if there are any
>> differences:
>>
>> php -i|grep register
>>
>> I have a hunch that the register_globals setting is different on the two
>> machines.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Greg
>>
>> On 7/10/12 11:16 AM, Lee Cartwright wrote:
>>> Hi Greg,
>>>
>>> That worked. Thanks you both for the quick help.
>>>
>>> The machine differences are:
>>>
>>> Old
>>> # php --version
>>> PHP 5.2.11 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7 (cli) (built: Sep 24 2009 13:35:48)
>>>

>>> New
>>> $ php --version
>>> PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.17 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jun 19 2012
>>> 01:35:33)
>>>
>>> Do you mean the php.ini files in /etc/php5/apache2? Sorry if that's a
>>> silly question, I'm very new to PHP.

> figure

Thread
Weekly report issue after moving to new OSLee Cartwright9 Jul
  • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSElan Ruusamäe9 Jul
Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSElan Ruusamäe9 Jul
  • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSLee Cartwright10 Jul
    • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSGreg Larkin10 Jul
      • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSLee Cartwright10 Jul
        • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSGreg Larkin10 Jul
      • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSElan Ruusamäe13 Jul
Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSGreg Larkin10 Jul
  • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSLee Cartwright11 Jul