List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg Larkin Date:July 10 2012 3:44pm
Subject:Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OS
View as plain text
Hi Lee,

Excellent, glad to hear it!  Yes, those are the php.ini files I
mentioned, but here's an easier way to check for differences.  Run the
following command on each machine and check if there are any differences:

php -i|grep register

I have a hunch that the register_globals setting is different on the two
machines.

Regards,
Greg

On 7/10/12 11:16 AM, Lee Cartwright wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> That worked. Thanks you both for the quick help.
>
> The machine differences are:
>
> Old
> # php --version
> PHP 5.2.11 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7 (cli) (built: Sep 24 2009 13:35:48)
>

> New
> $ php --version
> PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.17 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jun 19 2012
> 01:35:33)
>
> Do you mean the php.ini files in /etc/php5/apache2? Sorry if that's a
> silly question, I'm very new to PHP.
>
> Lee
>
> On 10/07/12 15:43, Greg Larkin wrote:
>> On 7/10/12 4:11 AM, Lee Cartwright wrote:
>>> I've attached the weekly data file from my templates_c directory.
>>>
>>> I've checked the Eventum config files and they are pointing
>>> APP_SMARTY_PATH at the Smarty directory included with Eventum. Just in
>>> case I've checked the Smarty install on this machine and it is also
>>> Smarty2
>>>
>>> lee@www:/var/www/dcs-eventum/templates_c$ dpkg -l | grep smarty
>>> ii  smarty
>>> 2.6.26-0.1ubuntu1                 Template engine for PHP
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> Hi Lee,
>>
>> Try changing the code in the template file from this:
>>
>> {$data.issues.other[issue].iss_id|str_pad:5:" ":"STR_PAD_LEFT"}
>>

>> to this:
>>
>> {$data.issues.other[issue].iss_id|str_pad:5:"
>> ":$smarty.const.STR_PAD_LEFT}
>>

>> Then delete the cached template and give the page another try.
>>
>> What version of PHP was Eventum installed on prior to the migration?  To
>> determine the underlying cause of the problem, it would also help to see
>> the php.ini file from the old and new installations, but you may want to
>> clean the files of any sensitive information before posting a link to
>> them.
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>> Greg

Thread
Weekly report issue after moving to new OSLee Cartwright9 Jul
  • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSElan Ruusamäe9 Jul
Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSElan Ruusamäe9 Jul
  • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSLee Cartwright10 Jul
    • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSGreg Larkin10 Jul
      • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSLee Cartwright10 Jul
        • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSGreg Larkin10 Jul
      • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSElan Ruusamäe13 Jul
Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSGreg Larkin10 Jul
  • Re: Weekly report issue after moving to new OSLee Cartwright11 Jul