List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Alsdorf Date:March 16 2010 4:16pm
Subject:Re: Suddenly a database connection error
View as plain text
David Gingerich wrote:
> I have this in the error log:
>
> [Mon Mar 15 19:40:14 2010] An error was found on line '70' of script
> '/Users/me/Sites/Eventum/include/class.db_api.php'.
>
> The error message passed to us was:
>
> 'DB Error: connect failed'
>
> A more detailed error message follows:
>
> ' [nativecode=No such file or directory] **
> mysql(mysql)://eventum:PASSWORD@localhost/eventum'

This might be a socket error, what happens if you change localhost to 127.0.0.1 ?

/bryan

> A backtrace is available:
>
> APP_INC_PATH/db_access.php:33
>   DB_API->DB_API()
> APP_PATH/init.php:168
>   include_once((string
> )'/Users/davidgingerich/Sites/Eventum/include/db_access.php')
> APP_PATH/index.php:31
>   require_once((string )'/Users/me/Sites/Eventum/init.php')
>
> Is this a permissions issue to the db?
>
> David
>

> On 3/15/10 7:55 PM, "Bryan Alsdorf" <bryan@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Is there anything in the eventum error log? /eventum/log/errors.log
>>
>> David Gingerich wrote:
>>> I need some help, I have run out of ideas on how to correct this and any
>>> pointers from the community would be helpful.
>>>
>>> Environment:
>>> Macbook (Intel), Snow Leopard 10.6.2, 4gb ram
>>> MySQL 5.5 Community Ed, PHP 5.3 (stock with 10.6), Apache (stock w/10.6),
>>> Eventum 2.2. I also have SugarCRM (Community Edition) loaded as well.
>>>
>>> The issue: Suddenly, I am get "Database Error: Problem connecting to the
>>> database server."
>>>
>>> I was able to load Eventum and populate it with a few items and now I get
>>> the db connection problem.
>>>
>>> I am able to logon to the database via MySQL Administrator and via command
>>> line console. I have stop/started MySQL, attempted to access with firewall
>>> off (testing if the firewall was blocking). Ran the port scan to make sure
>>> the 3306 was open (it was.) I am able to access my other php/MySQL apps,
>>> just not Eventum.
>>>
>>> My php.ini is default with exception of session.save path is set to:
>>> session.save_path = "/tmp"
>>>
>>> My Eventum config file looks like this:
>>>
>>> // definitions of SQL variables
>>> define('APP_SQL_DBTYPE', 'mysql');
>>> define('APP_SQL_DBHOST', 'localhost');
>>> define('APP_SQL_DBPORT', 3306);
>>> define('APP_SQL_DBNAME', 'eventum');
>>> define('APP_SQL_DBUSER', 'eventum');

--
Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
Monty Program, AB. http://askmonty.org