List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Gingerich Date:March 16 2010 4:52am
Subject:Suddenly a database connection error
View as plain text
I need some help, I have run out of ideas on how to correct this and any
pointers from the community would be helpful.

Environment:
Macbook (Intel), Snow Leopard 10.6.2, 4gb ram
MySQL 5.5 Community Ed, PHP 5.3 (stock with 10.6), Apache (stock w/10.6),
Eventum 2.2. I also have SugarCRM (Community Edition) loaded as well.

The issue: Suddenly, I am get "Database Error: Problem connecting to the
database server."

I was able to load Eventum and populate it with a few items and now I get
the db connection problem.

I am able to logon to the database via MySQL Administrator and via command
line console. I have stop/started MySQL, attempted to access with firewall
off (testing if the firewall was blocking). Ran the port scan to make sure
the 3306 was open (it was.) I am able to access my other php/MySQL apps,
just not Eventum.

My php.ini is default with exception of session.save path is set to:
session.save_path = "/tmp"

My Eventum config file looks like this:

// definitions of SQL variables
define('APP_SQL_DBTYPE', 'mysql');
define('APP_SQL_DBHOST', 'localhost');
define('APP_SQL_DBPORT', 3306);
define('APP_SQL_DBNAME', 'eventum');
define('APP_SQL_DBUSER', 'eventum');
define('APP_SQL_DBPASS', '<password here>');

My apache2 error log looks clean with exception of the dynCalendar.css
error.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Thread
Suddenly a database connection errorDavid Gingerich16 Mar
  • Re: Suddenly a database connection errorBryan Alsdorf16 Mar
Re: Suddenly a database connection errorBryan Alsdorf16 Mar