List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Anderson Date:January 20 2010 8:14pm
Subject:RE: Changing the way e-mails are sent (RE: Disabling the "issue created" message)
View as plain text
You could try the following (absolutely no guarantees it will work on
your system).  I cant remember whether I needed to remove some checks
from elsewhere.

This is what we have done to merge mails together into a single to:

This is in the notifyNewEmail method at the bottom of that method, I
have left the original code in there as well for comparison.

// *** Dave A -  Merge emails into single $to

// *** Dave A - This is a method I use to configure whether to merge or
not. You don't need this method
		if (Support::isMergeEmail()){
			foreach ($emails as $to){

			// Strip out email addresses
				$arr1 = explode("<",$to);
				$arr2 = explode(">",$arr1[1]);
            	$to = $arr2[0];
                  // Merge emails into a single string
				$email_list = $email_list . $to . ', ';

			}
//			$fixed_body =
Mail_API::addWarningMessage($issue_id, $email_list, $body, $headers);
                  $headers['To'] =
Mime_Helper::encodeAddress($email_list);
                  $mime = new Mail_mime("\r\n");

           	      Mail_Queue::add($email_list, $headers,
$fixed_body, 1, $issue_id, $type, $sender_usr_id, $sup_id);
// *** Dave A - end email merge

}   else {
// *** Dave A - original code to send individually to recipient

        foreach ($emails as $to) {
            $recipient_usr_id =
User::getUserIDByEmail(Mail_API::getEmailAddress($to));
            // add the warning message about replies being blocked or
not
            $fixed_body = Mail_API::addWarningMessage($issue_id, $to,
$body, $headers);
            $headers['To'] = Mime_Helper::encodeAddress($to);
            $mime = new Mail_mime("\r\n");
           	Mail_Queue::add($to, $headers, $fixed_body, 1,
$issue_id, $type, $sender_usr_id, $sup_id);
		}
		}

Hope this helps

Dave