List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Alsdorf Date:January 19 2010 4:54pm
Subject:Re: Changing the way e-mails are sent (RE: Disabling the "issue created"
message)
View as plain text
Hi,

Lauri Kuittinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your help, I found the functions and now have the functionality I want.
>
> Now that we've had eventum in production for two days, I noticed some more
> functionality I'm missing.
>
> Whenever a user sends a message to the mailbox that eventum creates issues from,
> there's often one or more other people in the To and Cc fields in our environment.
>
> Now, when we send a reply to an issue, eventum sends the email notification to
> everyone in the notification list, one by one. And each user sees the email notification
> like it was sent to them only, and they are not sure was the message other people that
> were on the to and cc fields of the original message.
>
> So my question is, would it be possible to change the way the emails are sent one by
> one, so that they would be sent as one batch, all people who are on the notification list
> would appear on the address fields. So that everyone would see who else the email has been
> sent to.

This would not be an easy change.

The some people have handled it in the past is having Eventum put a note at the top of
each message with the list of recipients. However this patch has not made it into the main

branch yet so you would have to add it yourself for now.

Best Regards,
--
Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
Monty Program, AB. http://askmonty.org