List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Alsdorf Date:December 11 2009 5:27pm
Subject:Re: Out of office messages, mass deletion
View as plain text
Hi Ruan,

Ruan Fourie wrote:
> Hi I have two questions,
>
> First off, if I want to mass delete issues from eventum, can I just
> remove them from the issues table or will it cause other problems?

There is a script on the wiki to delete from the relevant tables:
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Eventum:Deleting_Issues

> Second, I am having problems with loops on out-of-office messages and
> would like to know how to get past it if anybody perhaps had the same
> problem. There seems to be some sort of fix for 2.2 (which is what I am
> running) but this morning I had over 1000 issues created after last
> night with one guy's email that had an out-of-office reply on (from
> there the mass deletion attempt). From:
> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Eventum:Changelog#2009-01-14.2C_Version_2.2
> *
> Added Precedence: Bulk header to emails to prevent out of office
> replies. Fixes #34466 (Bryan) *

Sorry for the loop, that would be annoying!

You can see the specific change here, it is very simple and can be merged into your
existing installation (one line):
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~eventum-developers/eventum/trunk/revision/3510

However, not all mail systems honor the header and still send Out of Office replies.

There is additional code in the mail_api class, method named isVacationAutoResponder which

checks if a message is a responder, perhaps that wasn't catching it (due to missing
headers). You can modify this method to catch any emails you like.

Best Regards,
--
Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
Monty Program, AB. http://askmonty.org