List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Alsdorf Date:November 16 2009 8:51am
Subject:Re: Questions about Eventum
View as plain text
Hi Susanne,

Susanne Chau wrote:
> Hi Bryan,
>
> The feature I was expecting was actually that when I select to "archive"
> a project, the project should be closed and user should not see this
> project in their list of available projects anymore and thus not being
> able to report additional issues to this project.
>
> Another important feature is that even when project is archived, it
> should still be possible to check what issues has been reported in the
> project and if necessary to still be able to move this issue to another
> active project. This action should be limited to users with
> administrator/manager rights.

I have gone ahead and implemented this feature. At the moment it just prevents users with
a role less then managers from logging into archived projects. A manager or admin could
still create an issue (but hey they should know better).

You can see the change here, and since it is a fairly simple change merge it into your
installation:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~eventum-developers/eventum/trunk/revision/3988

> I hope this gives you a clearer picture of what feature I'm asking about.
>
> So back to my question about the current solution (we are running
> version 2.1.1), is the only way to do as I wrote?
>
> 1. Mark project as archived
> 2. Unmark all users with access to the old projects to avoid mistakes
> reporting issues to the old ones.

Yes, without the patch I just made this would be the only way.

Best Regards,
--
Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
Monty Program, AB. http://askmonty.org