List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Susanne Chau Date:November 10 2009 7:52am
Subject:Re: Questions about Eventum
View as plain text
Hi Bryan,

The feature I was expecting was actually that when I select to "archive"
a project, the project should be closed and user should not see this
project in their list of available projects anymore and thus not being
able to report additional issues to this project.

Another important feature is that even when project is archived, it
should still be possible to check what issues has been reported in the
project and if necessary to still be able to move this issue to another
active project. This action should be limited to users with
administrator/manager rights.

I hope this gives you a clearer picture of what feature I'm asking about.

So back to my question about the current solution (we are running
version 2.1.1), is the only way to do as I wrote?

1. Mark project as archived
2. Unmark all users with access to the old projects to avoid mistakes
reporting issues to the old ones.

Best regards,
Susanne

Bryan Alsdorf wrote:
> Hi Susanna,
>
> Susanne Chau wrote:
>> Hi Watson,
>>
>> Thanks for your answer. In my case I would like to keep all issues in
>> the DB for later check-ups if needed.
>>
>> Main reason for wanting to archive old projects was because all
>> different projects have not been very aligned when it comes to the
>> customized fields. This make it difficult for us to move issues between
>> the projects. We do know there are some issues that still could be
>> useful, but to start from scratch I decided to archive the old ones and
>> create new with same customized fields..BUT if we find out later on that
>> there are some issues we would like to check again, I would like to be
>> able to do this.
>>
>> So is the only solution like this or is there anyone else who has better
>> suggestions?
>>
>> 1. Mark project as archived
>> 2. Unmark all users with access to the old projects to avoid mistakes
>> reporting issues to the old ones.
>
> What features would you like to see for "archived projects"? What do
> you want users to be able to due and not due? I have had people ask
> for this before but don't have a clear picture of everything they want.
>
> Best Regards,

Thread
Questions about EventumSusanne Chau9 Nov
  • RE: Questions about EventumM  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan9 Nov
    • Re: Questions about EventumSusanne Chau9 Nov
      • Re: Questions about EventumBryan Alsdorf9 Nov
        • Re: Questions about EventumSusanne Chau10 Nov
          • Re: Questions about EventumBryan Alsdorf16 Nov
            • Re: Questions about EventumSusanne Chau16 Nov