List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Susanne Chau Date:November 9 2009 12:08pm
Subject:Re: Questions about Eventum
View as plain text
Hi Watson,

Thanks for your answer. In my case I would like to keep all issues in
the DB for later check-ups if needed.

Main reason for wanting to archive old projects was because all
different projects have not been very aligned when it comes to the
customized fields. This make it difficult for us to move issues between
the projects. We do know there are some issues that still could be
useful, but to start from scratch I decided to archive the old ones and
create new with same customized fields..BUT if we find out later on that
there are some issues we would like to check again, I would like to be
able to do this.

So is the only solution like this or is there anyone else who has better
suggestions?

1. Mark project as archived
2. Unmark all users with access to the old projects to avoid mistakes
reporting issues to the old ones.

Thanks and best regards,
Susanne

Srivathsan, M IN BLR SISL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Although there is a way by which you could mark a project as archived, in my company
> that falls short of the expectations.  What we need is to archive all the old (especially
> the closed) issues into a separate bin use the current active one for the newer issues.
>
> So, what I generally do is:
> 1. Take a backup of the Eventum DB
> 2. Use the "Delete Issues" script (after suitably modifying it) to delete all the old
> issues
> 3. Restored the backed-up DB under a new name
> 4. Install a separate Eventum app connected to that DB.  This would help in viewing
> the old issues.
>
> Hope this gives you some ideas.
>
> Thanks and rgds,
> Watson

Thread
Questions about EventumSusanne Chau9 Nov
  • RE: Questions about EventumM  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan9 Nov
    • Re: Questions about EventumSusanne Chau9 Nov
      • Re: Questions about EventumBryan Alsdorf9 Nov
        • Re: Questions about EventumSusanne Chau10 Nov
          • Re: Questions about EventumBryan Alsdorf16 Nov
            • Re: Questions about EventumSusanne Chau16 Nov