List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:M  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan Date:November 9 2009 11:42am
Subject:RE: Questions about Eventum
View as plain text
Hi,

Although there is a way by which you could mark a project as archived, in my company that
falls short of the expectations.  What we need is to archive all the old (especially the
closed) issues into a separate bin use the current active one for the newer issues.

So, what I generally do is:
1. Take a backup of the Eventum DB
2. Use the "Delete Issues" script (after suitably modifying it) to delete all the old
issues
3. Restored the backed-up DB under a new name
4. Install a separate Eventum app connected to that DB.  This would help in viewing the
old issues.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Thanks and rgds,
Watson