List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Alsdorf Date:September 28 2009 5:24am
Subject:Re: Custom Field to Date
View as plain text
Brian Swoger wrote:
> In our Eventum database, we were keeping the date as a custom text
> field.  One of the admins accidentally changed this field to a date
> field, and (of course) the data in the field changed to 0000-00-00.  Is
> there any way to bulk update the records against the issue created date,
> or must each record be manually changed back?

If you want the custom field to just be set to the issue created date you should be able
to write a simple script.

Something like (please test this first):

UPDATE eventum_issue_custom_field SET icf_value_date = (SELECT iss_created_date FROM
eventum_issue WHERE iss_id = icf_iss_id) WHERE icf_fld_id = $FLD_ID

replacing $FLD_ID with the correct field ID. Please backup all your data first, I haven't
tested that query but it should give you a starting place.

Best Regards,
--
Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
Monty Program, AB. http://askmonty.org