List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Alsdorf Date:September 17 2009 2:45pm
Subject:Re: eventum_support_email_body table is full
View as plain text
Hi Harri,

Harri Porten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we ran into the problem of e-mails not showing up in issues anymore this
> morning. A mysqlcheck run revealed that the eventum_support_email_body
> table had grown too big (32-bit file system):
>
>  eventum.eventum_support_email_body
>  warning  : Datafile is almost full, 4294966888 of 4294967294 used
>  status   : OK

You should read this:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/full-table.html

Particularly the section around this command:
ALTER TABLE tbl_name MAX_ROWS=1000000000 AVG_ROW_LENGTH=nnn;

This blog is also full of good info:
http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000796.html

> We nuked some of the biggest entries manually but would like to do so
> regularly and in a well-defined manner from now on (we'll also move to a
> 64-bit system).
>
> I was wondering whether big attachments are too blame but it turned out
> that the eventum_issue_attachment table is "only" 2.4 GiB big while
> eventum_support_email_body has those 4 GiB.
>
> What we considered is to shrink old entries with a <Deleted> entry. But
> we are unsure what the fields are actualy used for. What's seb_body used
> for? It's seems like looking at the e-mail in the Web frontend will
> query seb_full_email (although it will just show the body). But if we
> overwrite a seb_full_email entry Eventum won't display the placeholder.
> Would we need to fill in a fake e-mail with headers?

You can safely clear <deleted> entries as long as your mail server doesn't have the
old
copies in your mailbox. If it does Eventum will download them again.

Eventum should always just display seb_body and just use seb_full_email to calculate
attachments. However, in the past I remember some sort of bug that required it.

I would just increase the size of the table for now.

Best Regards,
--
Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
Monty Program, AB. http://askmonty.org